Saturday, June 7, 2014

Life is a Banquet Series: My Auntie Mame Posts

As you know, I went on a little blog journey that explored art and artistic themes in various film adaptations of the Auntie Mame character, who was first created by the brilliantly funny American author Patrick Dennis. While I got great pleasure from researching and writing these posts, they got me distracted from my "Art of Film" blogging mission. I promise, with God as my witness... never to be hungry again... and to rededicate myself to my original blogging purpose.

But... in the meantime, here are all the Mame related posts. I'm (un-creatively) calling this series: "Life is a Banquet" because its my personal credo and because I didn't put too much thought into it. Enjoy!

Mame Dennis is really one of my favorite characters and she has had a wonderful history of adaptations on stage and screen. Some of my favorite actresses have taken Mame's message to heart and embodied her in various ways with various success. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my second-favorite Mame, Angela Lansbury, whose musical role won her








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...